The State Bar certifies attorneys as specialists who have gone beyond the standard licensing requirements. The area of family law is one of only 11 areas of law in California that recognize this level of expertise.
In order to qualify as a legal specialists, the attorney must meet several standards including the following requirements:
- passage of a written examination in the legal specialty area
- practice law continuously for at least five years, spending at least 25 percent of the time given to occupational endeavors practicing in the specialty area
- completion of continuing education in the speciality area greater than required of general licensees of the State Bar
- demonstration of broad-based and comprehensive experience in the specialty area based on completion of a variety of matters in the specialty area
- favorable evaluations by other attorneys and judgments familiar with the attorney’s work in the specialty area of law
If you are considering going through a divorce or are already in the process, hiring a certified family law specialist is an important step towards protecting and preserving your rights. Contact us today to discuss your matter.
Shannon R. Loeser, Esq.
Certified Family Law Specialist
28202 Cabot Road, Suite 520
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Tel: (949) 392-5050